CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Auxel is a progressive and socially aware company. A large part of our core activity is producing components for the renewable energy sector, and as such we are dedicated to integrating ethical and environmental factors within our business strategies aiming to constantly improve our CSR performance. We believe that CSR is integral to the long term sustainability of our business and we try to be responsible in all our interaction with customers, suppliers, our employees and the wider community.
We are taking a close look at every aspect of what we do, and are working towards a greener and more sustainable business in every aspect, from our office supplies to our global supply chain. Being 100% green or carbon neutral is not something we can achieve overnight, but we are committed to the following:
- We work with our suppliers and freight agents to make sure we fill our shipments to capacity, cut down on packaging, and consolidate our shipments across different suppliers to minimize our fuel consumption and emissions.
- We encourage an environmentally aware culture in our office by promoting duplex printing, recycling waste paper, encouraging energy conservation, (turning off lights, computers, printers and photocopiers when not in use,) recycling printer cartridges and minimizing all waste wherever possible.
- We reuse all packaging wherever possible and always ensure our outgoing items are packed as efficiently as possible to minimize waste and fuel consumption in transportation.
We work hard to create and run a fair, equal opportunities employment culture and to create an enjoyable and rewarding working environment for people of all ages, physical abilities, gender,
religion and ethnicity.
- We are committed to promotion based on merit and filling job opportunities in-house wherever possible.
- All our employees are entitled to group life cover and permanent health insurance cover.
- We hold monthly company meetings the content of which is then passed on to every level of staff, to ensure all our employees are completely informed as to the day to day issues of the company and to give them the opportunity to voice any concerns or issues and to reinforce the strong team ethos.
- We are committed to supporting appropriate professional development through sending
- our staff on relevant training courses.
We aspire to act responsibly in the market-place by complying with all applicable competition laws and regulations, complying with all applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruptions rules, by
avoiding conflicts of interests and not to engage in insider trading, by providing accurate and correct business and financial information.
- Auxel adheres to the principles of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights and refuses the use of forced labor and child labor
- Auxel is committed to comply with all applicable competition and antitrust laws and regulations, and rejects any form of bribery and corruption.
- We request that our own suppliers also adhere to these principals and provide us with confirmation of this.
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it and where possible put in place action plans to avoid recurrence.
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with suppliers by:
- Seeking to ensure that the products and services we source are ethically produced where no in-humane labor practices or abuse of the environment has occurred. We look for suppliers that demonstrate a commitment to implementing policies and practices consistent with and complementary to, our own.
- Endeavoring to pay on time
- Not expecting any discounts to have a detrimental effect on their business
CONFLICT MINERALS POLICY
Auxel deplores the violence in the DRC and adjoining countries and is committed to supporting responsible sourcing of conflict minerals from the region. Accordingly, Auxel has adopted a conflict minerals policy. Auxel expects its suppliers to adopt a similar policy and to supply materials to Auxel that are “DRC conflict-free”.
We are working towards ensuring that our products do not contain Conflict Minerals that have been sourced from mines that support or fund conflict within the Democratic Republic of Congo or adjoining countries. Therefore we are committed to:
- identifying which Auxel products are impacted and targeting our efforts accordingly
- not buying directly products and materials containing 3TG from Conflict Mines
- asking our suppliers to work towards ensuring that any Conflict Minerals contained in the products supplied to Auxel do not originate from Conflict Mines